Monday, February 18, 2013

Tucker Swallowed POISON!!!

So I thought...
I would rank this as one of the scariest days of my life that had me calling 911.

So many of you know I am a THIRTY-ONE consultant now, and all of you know how EXCITED I am about this journey and how much I LOVE BAGS! Well today I asked God, "surly this is not the REASON you had me get into 31" as I was waiting for the Firemen and ambulance to get to my house.

I pulled up to my house around 1pm after eating lunch and noticed 3 HUGE PACKAGES at my door screaming 31 at me!! I could not wait to get out and tear into them. Stephen was just shaking his head at me thinking, she's gone crazy! ha LITTLE DID HE KNOW!

Anyhow I jumped out of the car and RAN INSIDE, swung open the front door and dragged all the boxes in and STARTED TEARING IN! Stephen then turned to me and said, "Ok Tasha, I have to head back to work now" I said, "wait dont you want to see EVERYTHING!" He said, "Tasha we could be here for HOURS! I have to go back to work." So he left, leaving just TUCKER and ME to be excited about all the BAGS, BOXES, and PAPERS covering my living room! Tucker was having a BLAST getting in and out of the boxes. Once that got old he moved on to bigger and better toys. So I grabbed my camera and was taking pictures of all the new bags and cute monogramming. I love to show people ideas from my customers.

Then Tucker decided to come back and hang out with mommy and the bags. He tried grabing the bags off the table as I was taking pictures. I moved him aside and quickly re-arranged the bags and started taking my pictures. Then I glanced back down at Tucker and he had a white tag-looking thing in his mouth. I said, "Tucker what do you have in your mouth now...." I pulled it out, looked at it and read "DO NOT EAT, THROW AWAY - SILICA GEL"! WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!! I grabbed him up and swept my finger in his SQUEEZED SHUT mouth and started scooping out little tiny plastic clear beads!! Then I grabbed my phone and dialed 911 and told the sweet lady "MY 10 MONTH OLD BABY just ate the POISONOUS SILICA GELL BEADS they put in BAGS!!! She calmly said, "Mam did the bag bust?" I said YES, "He swallowed some and I dont know how many??" She said, "What is your address? The emergency people will be there in just a minute"

IT WAS THE SCARIEST 3-5 MINUTES OF MY LIFE!!! I was just holding him, praying over him, and constantly looking in his eyes. He seemed to be doing JUST FINE?? But, I just knew any second his throat was going to close. I called Stephen and my mom while I was waiting on the Firemen and told them to just come!!! Tucker swallowed those poison bead packets that were in the 31 bags!!

The SWEET SWEET firemen came running to my door and I took them to the scene where it all happened showing them the beads all over the floor that I scooped out his mouth. They checked Tucker and saw he was doing ok then they checked the beads and felt they were all solid and hard and were not gell feeling. Then the fireman said, "Mam I think he is chewing on something". I reached my finger in his mouth and sure enough he HAD MORE hiding in his bottom lip. I was a TOTAL MESS!! They kindly told me to just calm down and keep him calm and we will figure this out. They watched him and waited with me to make sure he didn't have a reaction. Then the guy said something that seemed to calm me down a little bit. "Mam, I think he is going to be ok. You just my might find these little pellets in his poop tonight." At that moment my heart began to slow down a little bit but started going back up when they asked me if I wanted the ambulance to take him to emergency room or if I wanted to drive him my self. At that time Stephen showed up and we decided to take Tucker ourselves.

As we were walking out the door, Stephen's dad showed up and said did yall call the poison control number? We looked at eachother and said NO? what's the number? He said they would be able to tell you what to do. Them my mom and my niece Chloe got there and said Ashley called someone and they said it was not poisonous to children. I was still in PANIC mode and went ahead and loaded tucker in the car while they were calling poison control. I started heading down the road to the emergency room and then Stephen called and said he talked to poisen control and they said IT WAS NOT POISONOUS TO CHILDREN. They are just a choking hazzard and if they have swallowed some to give them a drink of water and make sure they have no more beads in their mouth. Still at that moment I was NOT SURE, and stephen knew.. so he said, "Tasha we can still take him in or you can call KELL WEST while driving and see what they say." So I did and they said.. "Mam you need to call "POISON CONTROL"!" HA

SO.. that brings my SCARIEST MOMENT EVER to an end... I turned my car around and headed back to the house and started to breath normally. I got Tucker out of the car and just KISSED AND KISSED him and said TUCKER LANE you almost gave your MOM A HEART ATTACK!!!

Thank you JESUS my baby is ok!!

Later on I found out it was just as scary for my sister who was sitting in the news room at her station (She's an anchor for Channel 6 News) when she heard 10 month baby choking on silicon packet on the news scanner. When she heard she thought aww.. that is so scary and sad I have a 10 month old nephew. Then they said my address and she said OMG!! THAT IS MY NEPHEW and she got on the phone as fast as she could to find out what was going on. Come to find out the person my mom was saying that Ashley talked to who said they were not poisoness ended up being POISON CONTROL!! HAHA My goodness.. WHAT A DAY WHAT A DAY!!

I'm just so glad everything is ok.. and everyone was so SWEET DURING all of it and the firemen got here so fast!!! When I saw them and that BIG RED BAG in their hand I knew everything was going to be ok!! I dont know what was in that red bag? But.. I knew it would SAVE MY SON!! HA!

Again.. Thank you JESUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment